Scottish National Portrait Gallery
Performance protest at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery – 27th February 2016
• Read or view the: press release, video or script.
• See below for a list of press coverage from the action.
Parliamentary Motion lodged by the Scottish Greens, in support of our campaign.
Petition calling on the Scottish National Portrait Gallery to cut ties with BP.
Letters to the Director of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and gallery staff:
- Letter to Director (29 February 2016) – delivered after our performance protest in the gallery
- Letter to Director (18 April 2016) – encouraging the SNPG to follow the lead of the Edinburgh International Festival
- Letter to Director (16 June 2016) – ramping up the pressure, with signatures from the Scottish Green Party, Friends of the Earth Scotland, Art Not Oil, 350.org, People & Planet (University of Edinburgh), Divest Lothian
- Letter to gallery staff (27 February 2016) – explaining what our protest was about
Edinburgh International Festival
Performance protest at the Edinburgh International Festival – August 2015
• This was organised by BP or not BP?, and was the inspiration for the formation of the Scotland branch!
Letter congratulating the Festival on dropping BP, and encouraging them to stay Fossil Funds Free
Press coverage from the performance protest at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery:
- The Herald: http://bit.ly/1oH0OKu
- The Sunday Herald: http://bit.ly/21EG4Bv
- Evening Express (Aberdeen): http://bit.ly/216b6Aa
- Scotland on Sunday: “Protest at Gallery over oil giant’s sponsorship”, 28th February, p3, print edition.
- CommonSpace News: http://bit.ly/1RBwASX
- CommonSpace Opinion blog: http://bit.ly/1TshBhT
- Open Democracy blog: http://bit.ly/21N7B7y